Overcoming Underground Challenges by Integrating Subsurface Utility Investigations with BIM Modeling
Presentation: Underground Digital-Twin Modeling: Integrating Subsurface Utility Investigations with BIM Modeling to Optimize Preconstruction Design Development and the Construction Process
Speaker: Benjamin Weide, P.G., Senior Geophysicist, Intertek
Panel Discussion: Overcoming Underground Challenges by Integrating Subsurface Utility Investigations with BIM Modeling
- A proper subsurface utility engineering (SUE) campaign can accurately locate unknown utilities, voids, and other geologic formations.
- Integrating SUE findings with BIM models can inform design feasibility options understanding subsurface challenges and coordination requirements.
- Planning for SUE activities on site.
- Unknown underground conditions can derail a construction project by increasing costs, reducing safety and increasing risk.
- Quality Levels D-A. Collaborate on the discussion about Intertek’s appropriate steps to enable a thorough SUE effort.
Moderator: Benjamin Weide, P.G., Senior Geophysicist, Intertek
Thomas Banach, CM-BIM, VDC Regional Manager, The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
Chitwan Saluja, Digital Technology Manager, Jacobs Engineering
Christopher Allen, VDC Technologies Manager, Reis Contracting