View our full program of AIA CES approved sessions below:
10:00am ET - Presentation: Advanced Planning in Construction
10:15am ET - Panel Discussion: Agile Construction - Digital Pull Planning & Scheduling
- Is the value of Agile Construction fact or fiction?
- Best practices to succeed when rolling out digital pull planning & scheduling
- Why adoption by your entire team is the secret to success & how providing value to all your stakeholders is the key
- Gilbane's journey of adopting agile construction as one of the country's leaders in the industry
• Michael Colapietro, CEO & President - Smartapp.comPanelists:
• Jason Pelkey, CIO - Gilbane Building Company
• Stephen Jones, Senior Director of Industry Insights Research - Dodge Data & Analytics
• Anthony Tysinger, Senior Project Executive - Gilbane Building Company
• Patrick Lynch, General Superintendent - Gilbane Building Company
• Jason Shroeder, Owner, Elevate Construction + Consultant & Trainer - Field Ops
11:30am EDT Presentation: Empower your team to solve issues faster. The evolution from Coordination to Collaboration.
Find out how you can centralize all BIM coordination communications, whether you’re working directly in Revit, Navisworks, an openBIM-compatible software, or just a web browser. BIM Track democratizes the coordination process and makes it easy to collaborate internally and externally.
11:45am EDT Panel Discussion: BIM Coordination Meetings - What's Your Secret Sauce Vol 2: Collaboration for the Win!
We have all worked on projects where some partners and stakeholders are simply doing the bare minimum to get the job done, or maybe even less! This slows the project down, causes issues and generally makes getting to the finish line more complicated than needed. The flip side to that coin is those outstanding projects, the ones where most or all of the partners believe in the value of collaboration, not just coordination. It is a win/win for everyone on the project. These projects get us excited about working in BIM and VDC again; they develop best practices and better knowledge-sharing ways to benefit the entire project team.
Join us as our panellists share some of their "horror" stories of poor coordination as a way to highlight the tangible benefits of collaboration. We all have our share of horror stories that are good for a chuckle or possibly a heartfelt cry, but thankfully our panellists are ready to share some of their wins, best practices, and tips & tricks that will lead to improved collaboration and workflows.
Panel Learning Objectives:
1. Understanding the benefit of genuine collaboration over mandated coordination.
2. What is the downside of poor communication & coordination, and what will it cost a project?
3. Learn from experts' past experiences about what not to do on your next project.
4. Tips and tricks to improve your collaboration workflow.
10:30 EDT - The Future of Multi-Family Design: Creating Healthy & Safe Living Spaces In Urban Areas
- The positive impacts of specifying fire-safe (non-combustible) products
- Creating an environment that promotes healthy living principles
- The importance of collaboration between parties (architects, GC's, manufacturers, etc.) in the process of Muti-Family builds to assist projects with staying on budget and timeline
- Common challenges that arise in multi-family projects
10:00am (EDT) Prepare for the Future of Construction by Adopting Digital Working and Process Automation
The demand for growth in construction is faster than ever predicted, now more and more organizations are searching for digital tools to overcome processes challenges in construction.
Join a panel of digital transformation experts on 22, September for real world insights into how they are transforming day-to-day construction processes by embracing digital tools.
Hear the panel discuss:
- The current digital climate of construction and industry pressures in order to keep up with demand
- Common process challenges in construction and how to overcome them by empowering business people
- How to future proof your organization by removing manual paper, excel and email processes
- Tips on how to quickly implement and drive adoption amongst a distributed workforce
10:00 CDT Panel Discussion: Sustainability and Acoustical Considerations For Healthy Interior Design
- How to incorporate healthy and acoustic-friendly materials into the design of places we work and live
- The effects of creating healthy spaces on building occupants
- Best practices of interior design
- Challenges of designing sustainable interiors
Liza Browne, Business Development Manager, Longboard Products
Mackenzie McCulloch, Director of Interior Design, HOK
Samantha Gotta, Senior Interior Designer, FGM Architects
Pipa Bradbury ASID LEED AP ID C, Director of Interior Design, NORR
MEET OUR SPONSORS